What is it?
Sodium Benzoate is the sodium salt of benzoic acid. Benzoic acid occurs naturally in many plants.
What does it do?
Sodium Benzoate is a preservative and anti-fungal agent that prevents yeast, mold, and fungus from forming. Additionally, it helps keep our products shelf stable.
What product is this ingredient in?
- Heritage Park Luxury Laundry Detergent - Fragrance Free
- Heritage Park Luxury Laundry Detergent - Shore Breeze
- Heritage Park Luxury Silk & Wool Detergent - Fragrance Free
- Heritage Park Luxury Silk & Wool Detergent - Lavender Mist
- Heritage Park Baby & Toddler Laundry Detergent - Fragrance Free
Sodium benzoate is Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).Our Product Stewardship Guidelines direct us to select ingredients that have been manufactured or processed in a manner that supports our philosophy of environmental friendliness.