What is it?
Propylene glycol is a clear, viscous, organic solvent entirely derived from vegetable sources like corn.
What does it do?
Propylene glycol is a stabilizer that keeps ingredients from separating. We use this stabilizer to ensure the even distribution of our cleaning enzymes throughout the detergent. When cleaning enzymes are evenly distributed, our products clean your laundry more effectively.
How is it made?
Propylene glycol is made by a catalytic process called hydrogenolysis, which converts glycerin into propylene glycol. A reaction between glycerin (obtained from vegetable oils) and hydrogen takes place at high temperatures and pressures to create propylene glycol.
What product is this ingredient in?
- Heritage Park Luxury Laundry Detergent - Fragrance Free
- Heritage Park Luxury Laundry Detergent - Shore Breeze
- Heritage Park Luxury Silk & Wool Detergent - Fragrance Free
- Heritage Park Luxury Silk & Wool Detergent - Lavender Mist
- Heritage Park Baby & Toddler Laundry Detergent - Fragrance Free
Propylene glycol is Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).Our Product Stewardship Guidelines direct us to select ingredients that have been manufactured or processed in a manner that supports our philosophy of environmental friendliness.